Do you miss some feature in phpWebStats? E-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your feature
request! If it's an interesting feature, I'll add it to the wishlist.
- I've been asked to add a feature, allowing statistics of different actions
(form submit, vote in an inquiry, view page, etc.) including such information
as where did the visitor came from (which search engine, what kind of advert
etc.). This should be extremely useful for evaluating efficiency of different
- It's an interesting feature, so I've decided to implement it into
phpWebStats. Then I'll probably do something like "phpWebStats Lite"
implementing just this new feature. I'm not sure about this, but if all you
want is advertisign campaign efficiency evaluating, you probably don't
need advanced features (browser, OS detection etc.)
- OS & Arch presumptions
- Most of the visitors won't give you the information about the used OS
directly (as a part of the HTTP User Agent header). But for many browsers you
can simply predict what OS was used, thanks to the basic fact that the browser
doesn't exist for any other OS (for example Oregano usually runs on RISC OS,
Netsurfer usually runs on NeXTStep/OpenStep, etc.) It's possible to do
presumptions about architecture (Intel x86, Alpha, PPC, 68k, etc.) based on
the OS knowledge. That means - the visitor runs Windows, so we can guess the
platform is x86 and in most cases we'll be right.
- I'll add this handy feature probably in the next version of phpWebStats, but
implementing this feature means a small changes in the pws_browser and pws_os
tables, but that shouldn't corrupt any existing data.
- Search engines keywords
- When a visitor comes to your site from a search engine, the search string
is usually stored in a HTTP Referer header, so you can extract this information.
Actually this function is not implemented in phpWebStats, but the HTTP Rerefer
string is stored in a database, so we can do it backwards.
- PDF export
- It'll be possible to download a generated PDF, containing the same
information. No PHP recompile will be necessary, the
FPDF class will be used.